Hello World :) I'm a staff of XO Japan. I'm posting interesting information from Japan from native Japanese point of view! I think you guys might like it ;) If you want me to go somewhere and report about that, plz tell me via Twitter or Facebook fan page! I'll go!

Monday, January 25, 2010

Changes in sense of Value among Japanese Young

Share
Share |
http://www.j-cast.com/2010/01/19058250.html


Japanese young are said to be changed its sense of value compared with older generation's sense of value when they were young.

What is changed?
10-20 years ago, young want to buy expensive goods, car, and their own house. the young were wanting "status" that would make more value or the young wanting the same thing people have.

But now, it's changed.
the young are wanting what other people doesn't have. they are not wanting expensive goods. They don't see value in having brand goods, car, and own house. One research shows that most of the young doesn't want a car: 36% of them are not wanting, and 25% of them are wanting to have a car.


Because these days UNIQLO, H&M, Forever21, and other shops are providing low price goods, the young become to think they are clever when they buy good thing at a low price. The article said that the young want to be recognized as "clever". There're 3 points when the young buys something: (1)if the goods are fit to their hobby or their favorites (2)if the goods helps you saving money (3)if the goods makes others think you clever.




Yeah, it's true. I myself don't want to buy too much expensive goods like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel... I do more like to buy good quality products at a low price or at a price that I can afford to.

I don't know what is going on. But I myself think the soicety is changing to more like not-based-on-money society.


this behavior of the young is called "Ken-Shouhi(嫌消費)". It might translate into "Anti-Consuming".
what about other countries? are the young overseas "Ken-Shouhi"??

No comments:

Post a Comment