Hello World :) I'm a staff of XO Japan. I'm posting interesting information from Japan from native Japanese point of view! I think you guys might like it ;) If you want me to go somewhere and report about that, plz tell me via Twitter or Facebook fan page! I'll go!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wasabi has Antiaging effects

Share
Share |
(from Flickr by stu_spivack)

Have you ever tried Wasabi(わさび: spice often used when eating for Sushi)? Not hot spice, but spicy. Not similar to other spice like chili. It's really Japanese-taste spice.


Professor Miwa from Chubu University(in Aichi prefecture) found that the component of Wasabi has effects of antiaging and preventing sick like cancer or diabetes. This result of research will be published on PLoS ONE, source says. This research found that Wasabi reduce oxidative stress which is induced by such as smoking.


Let's try Wasabi and be healthy!! Go to Sushi bar now LOL!! But be careful using too much is dangerous..


Interesting thing is that we have Wasabi ice cream in Japan. I've never had it but it is popular! So if you have chance to come to Japan and go to Matsumoto, Nagano prefecture, you should try it! (see the map!)


No comments:

Post a Comment